Friday, August 29, 2008

Things I Think I Think:

  1. Another olympics, another no gold perfomance for our country. Zilch, nada, splat, zero, none. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see the Philippines win a gold medal in my lifetime.
  2. The "Big Three" (Shell, Chevron & Petron), along with Meralco, Globe, and Smart should be dubbed "The Axis of Evil".
  3. My Advanced Academic Writing professor, Ms. Mojica, once told us: "Graduate school is all about sleepless nights, blood, sweat, and tears". She could've not said it better.
  4. With Hedging Devices as my topic for my final paper, I was enlightened as to the importance of hedging in writing. Not only in writing but also in daily conversations. All these years, I've been making "strong claims". No wonder why I have a lot of opposition. Well, it's never too late to change.
  5. A few days ago, a Philippine Air Force C-130 cargo plane crashed. The reson for the mishap is still being determined. We're sad for the widowed and the PAF. They do not deserve this. They deserve better equipment. For too long, they have endured public ridicule for the numerous crashes they had. Little do the public know that they were making do with what they have-secondhand equipment from the US government. Until the powers that be addresses this, many wives will be widowed over senseless tragedies like this.
  6. Psychologists claim that people who talk and act loud are really weak people. Based on experience, I tend to believe that. Most often than not, it seems that people exhibiting this behavior lack the necessary skills, knowledge or breeding. Appearing tough, they think, will cover up some insecurities they have.
  7. Good managers think, talk, and act like managers. An unqualified manager may get away with it initially, but will soon be found out as a fraud.
  8. It's done. After so much haggling over revenue sharing, legendary boxer "The Golden Boy" Oscar De la Hoya chose Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao to be the last opponent of his storied career sometime in December. Analysts suggest that total revenues from the fight could reach $100 millon. And with the Pacman getting a share anywhere 35-40% of the revenues, this promises to be the richest fight for him but also the richest fight in history.

Filipino saying of the week:


"Bihisan mo man ang matsing, matsing pa rin".

No comments: